For nearly two decades, Springfield Business Journal has honored women for their accomplishments and contributions, both professionally and in the community, across southwest Missouri. This 19th-annual class of Most Influential Women brings the count to 380 professionals.
The award recognizes the careers, civic leadership and influence of 20 women chosen by an independent panel of judges. The women will be honored during an Oct. 12 luncheon.
This year’s class of honorees range from university executives to banking and finance professionals.
The 2018 Most Influential Women honorees, in alphabetical order, are:
• Joselyn Baldner, Central Bank of the Ozarks;
• Tara Benson, Missouri State University;
• Chelsey Bode, Pearson-Kelly Technology;
• Paula Brookshire, Springfield Public Works;
• Rhonda Christopher, BKD Wealth Advisors LLC;
• Emily Denniston, Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce;
• Bridget Dierks, Community Foundation of the Ozarks Inc.;
• Lorianne Dunn, Springfield Little Theatre;
• Carol Embree, Springfield Public Schools;
• Daphne Greenlee, Mercy Springfield Communities;
• Jessica Harmison-Olson, Club Management Services LLC;
• Erin Hayes-Dennis, College of the Ozarks;
• Stacey James, James Financial Partners LLC;
• Caitlin Kissee, Propel People Development LLC;
• Jessica Kruse, Christian County Circuit Court;
• Lori Letterman, Webster County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office;
• Jessica Martin, Martin & Wall LLC;
• Andrea Sitzes, Show Me Christian County;
• Sheila Thomas, Table Rock Lake Chamber of Commerce; and
• Shanda Trautman, Old Missouri Bank.
The Most Influential Women luncheon will begin with a silent auction at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 12 at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, 333 S. John Q. Hammons Parkway.
Springfield Business Journal has partnered with local nonprofit Women in Need for the event in an effort to raise money and help provide resources to enable women and provide a hand up.
Visit SBJ’s Most Influential Women awards page for more information on the event.
While Drury University’s campus stretches nearly 100 acres in Springfield’s Midtown neighborhood, a 25-year master plan is poised to boost the campus’ profile across the college town.
Carter, Marketing Officer for Central Trust Company, says he didn’t realize how important it is to listen until he started working with groups of people. “You can’t move the process forward …
“I let that negativity spread to me like a cancer, and that’s what it is in your organizations,” says Becky Borthwick, Associate Circuit Judge at 31st Circuit, State of Missouri. Borthwick says …
Ömer Önder showed a talent for writing at an early age, winning awards in his native Turkey. He later studied journalism and became a reporter, covering the Middle East, Turkey, and the …
“Branson’s brought in international folks for many decades to work in the show industry and other segments of our economy and they’re a vital part of our community whether they’re here …
“Sometimes you have mentors that are very informal — they don’t even know that they’re your mentor, just people that you admire and, I think, want to emulate,” says Crista Hogan, Executive …
Michael Doss, creator of Emerson Park, started making his own coffee soap as a hobby. Seeing a demand, he started selling products online and to retail stores across the country. Doss says they …
“When Millenials first entered the workplace, the expectation they brought with them was that the workplace needed to be designed for them. They were not coming to fit in, they were coming to …
Alisa Lawler, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development with Multipli Credit Union, says many employees ask their human resources director about borrowing money from their 401(k) plan. …
“I have days where I am on top of the world. I got more online orders today than I ever have and I’ve gotten an email from someone saying how good it is. And then I’ll have a week where I …
“With social media today, it’s just like you have your own news channel. That’s the way I look at it. You have the ability to put out any message that you want to, to people who care about …